Find the right pistol safe with us.
Handgun safes are used to store handguns such as pistols and revolvers. All gun owners will find the right gun safe with us because at safes.co.uk the choice of handgun safes is available in all security levels. Our company offers gun safes for safe storage of pistols, rifles and ammo, executed in accordance with European regulations on security measures for arms possession. Now you can enjoy elegance and safety at the same time buying our gun safes. We manufacture and sell gun safes, rifle safes, shotgun cabinets, pistol safes and ammunition safes.
Definition of handguns:
"Long guns, these are firearms whose barrel and slide are longer than 30 cm in the closed position and whose shortest total length that can be used as intended exceeds 60 cm. Short weapons are all other weapons."
Handgun safes are used to store handguns such as pistols and revolvers. All gun owners will find the right gun safe with us. Because at Safes.co.uk there are handgun safes in all security levels.
Definition of handguns:
"Long guns, these are firearms whose barrel and slide are longer than 30 cm in total in the closed position and whose shortest total length that can be used as intended exceeds 60 cm. Short weapons are all other weapons."
The rightful gun cabinet owner may only grant access to the gun safe to other authorized persons, this applies in particular to access by family members.
Gun cabinets are compact and reliable in preventing rifles and pistols from falling into unauthorized hands. Store your firearms and ammunition in compliance with the law in one of our tested and certified gun cabinets. You will also find the right solution for the safe storage of ammunition with us.
- Safes without security classification / resistance grade
- "A" according to VDMA 24992, as of May 1995
- "B" according to VDMA 24992 as of May 1995
- Class EN 0 according to CSN EN1143-1 SZUCZ (up to 200 kg)
- Class EN 1 according to CSN EN 1143-1 SZUCZ (over 200kg)
The Weapons Act regulates how weapons and ammunition are to be secured in the locker; It is also specified here which security level corresponds to which cabinet.
The criteria are, for example, the number and joint storage of handguns and ammunition.
In shooting clubs, authorization to access a gun locker requires a certificate of competence, which is issued by a superordinate umbrella organization (district or district shooting association) after a specialist course.
If fire protection is decisive for the choice of your gun safe, then you should definitely decide to buy a fireproof safe at Safes.co.uk. The safe keeps fire away from the weapons for 30 minutes.
Details about the security levels of our safes can be found in our security level sheet. Our trained staff will also be happy to provide you with information and answer your questions on the subject of safes.
The question for the gun owner about the optimal lock can only be answered individually. The following overview of the different types of lock provides general information. Furthermore, of course, each of our sales consultants will advise you and will help in making the right choice.
There are four options for the type of lock:
- The double-bitted key lock - this is the easiest way to secure the gun safe - you cannot forget a code! Two keys are supplied with the lock - please note that the keys must be stored in such a way that they are protected from unauthorized access. Because of the key safekeeping clause and the high risk of key theft, insurance companies recommend a numeric or electronic lock.
- The mechanical combination lock does not require electricity or a battery. Any change in the secret numbers is possible (only the code owner can change this). The cabinet owner does not need a key and has no risk of loss.
- The electronic lock: this is the most popular variant. The lock is a convenient way of securing the gun safe. It should be noted here that the lock works with batteries and these need to be changed occasionally. If the battery fails, the lock can be supplied with emergency power from the outside. The PIN can be changed as often as you like.
- Fingerprint: easy opening with just a finger pressure. No more forgetting of codes or number combinations, misplacing or losing keys is a thing of the past. 60 different fingerprint sets can be saved.
Tip: compare the advantages and disadvantages of the 4 different locks
The decisive factor is how many pistols you want to keep in the cassette, in the safe. The gun safes differ considerably in size and interior design. Also note the inside dimensions to match your weapons.
Take advantage of our advice, we will be happy to help you find the optimal gun safe.
The equipment of the respective gun cabinets is also precisely tailored to your needs. The most important elements include:
Lockable compartments or an interior safe:
For the common storage of ammunition and weapons
Gun holder for handguns:
The weapon holder provides an overview and order. It is permanently fixed to the floor with an adhesive film and can no longer slip. An individual width adjustment is possible due to the perforations between the brackets and five handguns can easily be accommodated.
Do you like to search? We are not. We recommend installing a safe light with a motion sensor for optimal illumination of the gun safe. Rottner SensorLight is battery operated (4 AAA batteries) and can be easily attached with the supplied magnet.
How do you prevent mold, rust, mold stains or bad smells? By removing moisture from the air. In the Multi Dry from Rottner, the moisture is stored in the active granulate in the bag, which can absorb up to 600 g of water and is odorless. The dehumidifier can be dried in the oven (not in the microwave) or on a heater and can be used again.
Tip: Of course, our trained employees are at your side with help and advice if you have any questions about our security products and our offers.
Have you bought a pistol cassette or a handgun safe, the question still arises, where do you put the safe?
You definitely want your family members, especially children, not to come into contact with the dangerous weapons. Gun safes should always be set up out of the sight and reach of children. The rightful owner of the pistol case and the gun cabinet must ensure that only he and other authorized persons have access to the guns. Always keep unloaded weapons!
A gun safe must be set up in such a way that an intruder has to overcome additional security measures in advance.
The provisions of the Weapons Act generally relate to private living quarters; In unoccupied buildings such as hunting lodges, guns may not be stored in gun safes either; The installation in sports halls or club houses should also be clarified beforehand with the responsible authority - the assessment of the insurance company is also important here.
Tip: Always keep gun safes out of the sight and reach of children.
Testing institutes that certify our gun safes in terms of their resistance level:
- ECB-S (European Certification Body) in Frankfurt
- VdS Schadenverhütung GmbH, based in Cologne.
- The VSÖ (Association of Austrian Security Companies) based in Vienna.
- MABISZ - Hungary
- SZU - Czech Republic
- For fire protection: UL (Underwriters Laboratories Inc.) - USA
These independent institutes carry out extensive tests in order to be able to determine the corresponding protection classes and security levels. How these procedures are carried out is stipulated in European standards 1143 and 14450 (formerly VDMA 24992).
Safes.co.uk can look back on many years of good cooperation with well-known manufacturers from the security industry. With products from manufacturers such as Rottner Tresor, Format Tresore, ProFirst, Phoenix Safe, Planetstar, Sistec, ISS - Inter Sicherheit Service and Sentry Safe, you are always on the safe side! At Safes.co.uk you will find all known safe dealers - they offer the highest quality and also unrestricted security.
Other well-known suppliers of gun safes: Burg Wächter, Hartmann Tresore, Eisenbach.